Email, Patient Fusion Portal and Communications
We do not recommend using direct email to contact your provider and instead recommend that patients utilize Patient Fusion’s portal feature to establish secure communication with your providers if they have allowed this option. If this is not available, please call the office as your primary means of communication. Please note that messaging your provider through the portal is not recommended for urgent issues. For all urgent issues, we recommend calling the clinic during business hours. Our scheduling software does generate email to patients to confirm and remind you of your appointments and from time to time to alert you that it is time to schedule. Please open and read all emails from the clinic to ensure that you receive any important information and to verify that your scheduled appointment times are correct.
General Office Policies
The goal of our clinic is to provide a safe, serene and respectful environment for patients, staff and providers. To that end, please note the following:
- We do not offer childcare in our clinics. Please do not leave children unattended. For office visits where sensitive physical exams or physical medicine such as acupuncture or massage therapy are being performed, we recommend that you do not bring your children to the office.
- This office is a cell phone-free zone. Please take any calls before arriving at the office and silence all cell phones upon entering the clinic. Thank you for helping to create a healing environment.
- Due to chemical and fragrance sensitivities, we request that patients, guests and visitors do not wearing perfume, aftershave, scented hand lotion, scented hair products, essential oils and/or similar products.
Insurance Billing and Financial Policies
I hereby authorize the release of medical information necessary to process insurance claims for current and future claims without obtaining my signature on each claim. This may include intake forms, chart notes, reports, correspondences, billing statements and any other information as required to process claims. I understand that it it my responsibility to understand my insurance coverage and that I am financially responsible for all charges assigned to me or denied by my insurance company or for all charges if we are not billing insurance. Additionally, please note the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents and workers compensation issues are billed differently. Please notify us immediately if you are being treated under one of these claims.
- Our clinic offers access to an on-call physician. Please note that these services are subject to charges which may not be covered by your insurance. Calling our on-call physician constitutes agreement to be charged for that service. The minimum fee for this is $50.
- Appointments that are not attended or rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice are subject to a missed appointment fee of $50. New patient appointments that are missed or rescheduled with less than 24 hour notice are subject to a missed appointment fee of $100. After repeated missed or rescheduled appointments (with less than 24 hour notice), patients may be required to pay a deposit to schedule future appointments. Missed appointment fees are not covered by insurance and are your responsibility.
- To provide the best possible naturopathic care, visits with our providers tend to be more detailed and longer than visits with other providers. Insurance company policies vary in coverage for prolonged visits. Please reference our Insurance Verification Form for more information. If your insurance does not cover prolonged visits, please discuss this with our staff for scheduling options.
- Returned checks are subject to a $35 fee. This fee is not covered by insurance and is your responsibility.
- Late balances are subject to a interest of up to 1.5% monthly (18% APR). Accounts more than 90 days in arrears are subject to collection. The key to avoiding this is communication. WE WILL WORK WITH YOU! Just talk to us.
- For uninsured patients or patients with insurance for whom we are out-of-network, payment in full is due at the time services are rendered. We may offer a discount to patients who pay in full at the time of service. Any visit that is not paid for in full will be billed at our regular undiscounted fee.
Please note that these are effectively the same policies as those that you sign before your initial visit. If you have any questions about these policies, please call the clinic.
Revised September 2016