The physicians at True Health Medicine miss seeing our patient in person and are very happy to announce that we are resuming in person services. Keep reading for more information about how to schedule and our new office protocols in place to keep you and our staff safe and healthy.
Please also be advised of the following: While our office complies with State Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention infection control guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we cannot make any guarantees. Our staff and providers are symptom-free and, to the best of their knowledge, have not been exposed to the virus. However, since we are a place of public accommodation, other persons (including other patients) could be infected, with or without their knowledge.
In Office Appointments Available
With some restrictions loosening, our office is moving forward with a slow and cautious reopening. We are prioritizing appointments which must be conducted face to face, including acupuncture appointments and naturopathic appointments for patients who do not have access to telemedicine. If you feel that you need a face to face to appointment, please contact us. We will help you schedule the appointment the best fits your needs. Telemedicine appointments continue to be available and have been a great way for us to provide care to many patients at home.
Massage therapy treatments are not yet available. We will notify our massage clients and share here and on social media when those services are available.
How to Schedule
To avoid any potential conflicts and allow for screening, all scheduling of face to face appointments is done by our providers and staff. There are several ways you can request a face to face appointment.
- Call the office at 503-691-0901
- Message your provider through the Charm patient portal
- Request an appointment through Charm – note that if you request an appointment through Charm, our staff will likely still call you by phone
Telemedicine appointments may be scheduled online as usual.
Please note that we are unable to see patients in the office with respiratory infections or suspicion of COVID-19. We will be screening you with the questions below before you are scheduled and before your appointment. Please be patient with our staff and providers as these questions are intended for your and other patients’ safety.
- Do you have a fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or loss of smell or taste?
- Have you or anyone in your household had these symptoms in the last two weeks?
- Have you or anyone in your household been otherwise sick or diagnosed with COVID-19?
- To your knowledge, have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or with symptoms of COVID-19 in the past two weeks?
If you answer yes to any of the questions above, please schedule a telemedicine appointment with your provider instead of an in person appointment. We recommend any symptomatic patients have a telemedicine appointment as early as possible so that supportive treatment measures may be applied.
New Office Procedures
We have instituted some new office policies and procedures in response to the global pandemic. Our office has always used universal precautions and has used medical grade disinfectants on our surfaces, but our revised infection control policy is even more stringent for your safety. The following are procedures which will change your experience somewhat.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask or nose/mouth covering. Doctors will be wearing a mask as well as our staff. If there are difficulties with wearing a mask, special considerations may be possible. Please discuss directly with me before your visit.
- During acupuncture treatments, if you are “face down”, you may remove your mask when getting on the table. Please put your mask back on after your treatment is complete. If your treatment is “face up”, plan to keep your mask on unless we’ve discussed otherwise.
- Please do not bring a spouse, child or friend to your appointment unless you require physical assistance. In that case, they will be asked to wait in the car during your visit.
- Please call the office when you arrive for your appointment. You will be asked a few screening questions and provided a couple of reminders. Your provider will come to the clinic door and open it for you when it’s time for your visit.
- Your temperature will be taken in the waiting room and you will be asked to wash your hands upon entry to the treatment room. Consider also taking your temperature before you travel to the clinic but this is not a requirement.
- Check out and rescheduling will occur in the treatment room or after you return to your car after your visit is complete (vs at the front desk).
- Aside from contact required to perform services, we will make all efforts to maintain physical distance. We want to hug you, too, but let’s hold on that for now.
We will continue to adapt our procedures as needed in order to stay in accordance with the recommendations and requirements made by medical experts, the CDC and the State of Oregon.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 503-691-0901. We look forward to seeing you soon!